Day of Event Information
Where should I go when my child is running/walking?
· The race will start and finish on the Boulan Middle School track but the majority of the race will be at Boulan Park. Parents can cheer on their children anywhere along the route but please stay on the grass.
Where is registration and what should I do once we have registered?
· Registration will be at the pavilion at Boulan Park. Once your child has registered you will need to get their bib number on. At about 9:30 they should head to the football field at Boulan Middle School to find their school’s sign.
Will all the students be starting at the same time?
No, there will be three “waves” of starting times (about a minute apart) for several schools at a time. The timing device starts when your child crosses the start line and stops when they cross the finish line.
How long will it take for results to be posted after the race?
· Once all the races are done, racers will meet on the football field again to find out our top 10 boys and top 10 girls and which school won the trophy for most participants and the school that won the trophy for the 8 fastest runners. Results will be posted on this website after the race.
Can I race with my child?
· This run is for our 5th grade students. We hope this encourages them to do other races which would be a wonderful thing to do as a family.
Where do the spectators cheer from?
· The spectators should cheer from the Boulan Park side of the fence by the track. They will be able to see the start and finish, as well as, the runners will pass by on their way to the finish line. Please be respectful of all of our runners by staying off of the track.
Does my child have to run?
· It is a run/walk so children can do what they are most comfortable with.
What happens if my child gets a cramp? Can they quit?
· We would encourage students to walk and see if they can finish the race. If something arises that they cannot finish the race that is fine.
Do we have to stay for the awards ceremony?
· If you are unable to stay for the awards ceremony we understand.
Do we get to keep the bib number?
· Yes, it is a wonderful memory of a great accomplishment and a fun day!
Where do I go to see the results from the race?
· Check on the website http://troyfitnessrun.weebly.com under the year of the race and results!
How will we be notified if the race is called off?
· We will only cancel it for severe weather. Since we have hundreds of participants we won’t have time to call everyone. You will have to drive over to check.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 13th!
The Troy Elementary Physical Education Teachers